Monday, January 31, 2011

Buds "The backyard campout"

Panel 1
Tyler and Tate are sitting under a mountain of junk food out in Tyler's back yard.
Tate: Do you think we have enough snacks?

Panel 2
Tyler is surrounded by large spot lights and flash lights. Both Tyler and Tate are glowing in the light.
Tate: Do you think we have a good enough night light?

Panel 3
A horrible potato monster fills this panel.
Tate: Have you checked for the potato monster?

Panel 4
Tyler and Tate are surrounded by potato mashers.
Tyler: I don't think we have to worry about him tonight, I have mashers set up all over this yard!

Something like that. This is hard. I keep wanting to have the drawings tell me what to write, but I think that writing first will help the drawings come to life.

2 comments:

  1. I really like it! Sounds like the beginning to an exciting and funny story.

    My recommendation: See if you can come up with a funny second punchline in panel four. Something Tate says, like "I was wondering why you charged $200 to the kitchen supply store," or something like that.

    J.Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared - I think what you've done is very good. I can envision the monster and the two kids talking very easily. Having the graphics would really make your strip come to life....

    Ken & Shayna

    ReplyDelete